In 2001 I launched O&A with five words—Character, Charisma, Quality, Creativity, Expertise—and eight goals in mind:
- Only work on projects for which O&A has passion.
- Approach each project with creativity and an outside-the-box vision.
- Develop individualized results-based strategic plans.
- Propel each project with innovation and charisma.
- Execute high-return, cost effective projects.
- Do the right thing, offer clients realistic expectations, and always go the extra mile.
- Maintain a good sense of humor.
- Always remember: “No pressure—no diamonds!”
Almost two decades later, I wouldn’t change a word or a goal.
O&A started with a focus on editorial services, production management, and public relations. We still have our hands in all three, but have evolved as innovative digital options have emerged.
We also grew from books, to working with indie filmmakers, and other entrepreneurs and leaders in fields ranging from parenting to military policy.
Today, O&A is known for (although not limited to) its work within the fields of current events, international relations, military history and policy, business, health, and self help/inspiration.
It’s been an honor to work with and learn from the authors, filmmakers, and other entrepreneurs and thought leaders, we’ve met along the way, and to help develop and/or share their books, films, and businesses.
- Aasgaard Company – Publicity for Mark Rippetoe, his books, and the Starting Strength program
- About Your Time Publishing – Publicity for BusyBodyBook
- Ballantine Books – Publicity for select books
- Dr. Susan Battley – Publicity for her book Coached to Lead
- Black Irish Books – Publicity and editorial
- Zeb Bradford and Frederic Brown – Publicity for their book America’s Army
- Civilian Pictures – Publicity for the film The Life of Reilly
- Robin Cutler – Publicity for her book A Soul on Trial
- Robert J. Danzig – Co-author of his books Angel Threads and Every Child Deserves a Champion. Editorial development, production management, and public relations for his books The Leader Within You, Vitamins for the Spirit, Angel Threads, Every Child Deserves a Champion, There is Only One You, and Shakespeare Live on Cape Cod
- Christian Davenport – Publicity for his book As You Were: To War and Back with the Black Hawk Battalion of the Virginia National Guard
- DGW – Publicity for the documentary Darius Goes West
- Nathaniel Fick – Publicity for his book One Bullet Away
- Gigantic Films – Publicity for the film Flannel Pajamas
- Goodwill Industries of Miami – Publicity for the documentary For Once in My Life
- Greitens Group – Publicity for his book The Heart and the Fist: The Education of a Humanitarian, the Making of a Navy SEAL
- The Hidden Life – Production and promotion of the book The Hidden Life Awakened
- Libero, LLC – Publicity for the film Sweet Land
- Douglas Macgregor – Publicity for his book Transformation Under Fire
- MBI Publishing – Publicity for select books
- Military.com – Publicity
- National Geographic Books – Publicity for select books
- Oneworld Publications – Publicity for select books
- Jean Otte – Editorial development of her book Changing the Corporate Landscape
- OTW, LLC – Publicity for the documentary The War Tapes
- Praeger Security International – Publicity for select titles and for the PSI website launch
- Presidio Press – Publicity for select titles
- Steven Pressfield – Publicity and editorial
- Paul Rieckhoff – Publicity for his book Chasing Ghosts: Failures and Facades in Iraq: A Soldier’s Perspective
- Nicholas Schmidle – Publicity for his book To Live or to Perish Forever: Two Tumultuous Years in Pakistan
- Frank Schaeffer – Publicity for his book Baby Jack: A Novel
- St. Martin’s Press – Launched, developed editorial content for, and promoted its history site Command Posts
- Ann Scott Tyson – Publicity for her book American Spartan: The Promise, the Mission, and the Betrayal of Special Forces Major Jim Gant
- United States Naval Institute Press – Publicity for select titles
- VSP Books – Publicity for select titles
- Clint Van Winkle – Publicity for his book Soft Spots: A Marine’s Memoir of Combat and Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
- Washington Independent Writers – Editorial and production management
- Zenith Press – Publicity for select titles